Quick links to Thawte
Pricing for Thawte certificates, including approximate conversions from Thawte's US dollar prices into UK pounds and euros.
If you need to pay by cheque, bank transfer or purchase order, or you need an invoice from a local firm for your accounts, you should apply through us instead of directly to Thawte; we will handle your application on your behalf and invoice you for it. While Thawte do accept payment by cheque or bank transfer, this can be inconvenient since they are not based in the UK; we are pleased to offer a local payment point for your convenience.
We have prepared answers to the most commonly asked questions. If you have a question which isn't answered in this section, please get in touch!
You may also find it useful to browse the Thawte document repository.
Most recent changes:
- Sorry folks, prices going up a bit; blame the USD exchange rate (July 31st 2016)
- Three-year certificates are the maximum these days (July 31st 2016)
- SuperCerts now discontinued (March 1st 2016)
- Thawte cert prices reduced (August 13th 2013)
- Yet another VAT rate change (January 3rd 2011)
- Three, four and five-year certificates now require 2048-bit keys (October 28th 2010)
- Wildcard certificates reduced in price; VAT rate changes again... (January 4th 2010)
- Change to ordering URLs if paying by credit card; also three, four and five-year certificates more generally available (October 14th 2009)
- Extended Validation certificates reduced in price (June 17th 2009)
- Three, four and five-year certificates now available for many categories of certificate if paying by purchase order (December 3rd 2008)
- FAQs updated (including addition of several new sections), links checked (March 25th 2008)
- FAQs updated, links checked (May 10th 2004)
- Newly-revamped FAQs added (September 3rd 2003)
- Option of paying Herald by cheque added (August 25th 2003)
- Quick links into Thawte site added above (August 12th 2003)
Last updated: July 31st 2016
Last checked: July 31st 2016
© Copyright Herald Information Systems, 1999 - 2016.